Our Privacy Statement was updated on May 25, 2018
As your privacy is important, we only process your data in respect with the following principles.
- We always use your personal data in a fair, trustworthy and transparent way for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes.
- You have the right to be clearly informed about how we use your personal data. We will always be transparent to you about the data we collect, the way we use it.
- If you have concerns about how we use your personal data, we assist you in understanding our treatments.
- We will take all reasonable steps to protect your information from abuse and to keep it safe.
- We are committed to all European and national privacy regulations and shall cooperate with your national supervisory authority regarding privacy where necessary.
Personal information is data that can be used to identify directly or indirectly or contact a single person.
When you browse our website, are register as contributor, or when you contact us via a form or email, we collect your personal information in order to provide you with the requested services or respond to your requests. Unless the information is necessary to fulfill a legal obligation, you remain free to provide us with the personal information we request, and we will collect only the minimum required to process your request or provide you with the requested service.
If you do not want anymore that we proceed your data, you can withdraw your consent at anytime without inconvenient.
ATENA project consortium is the controller of all information collected and is responsible to execute your privacy rights and takes care of your data.
- When you browse our website (ATENA-H2020.eu), we collect electronic identification data, behavior, historical research, choices to provide a better experience on our website, in particular during your next visit.
- If you are registered as contributor on the website, additionally we collect your login and password, preference data, and historical data.
- When you contact us by email or an online form, we collect your full name, email address, and any information you deem appropriate to send us during this communication.
- The personal information we collect allows us to answer your questions or requests receive by mail or email.
- Your electronic data are collected to help us to improve the quality of service of our website and offer the best experience of browsing.
- If additionally you create a user account, the collected information allows us to set up and manage your personal data profile and your behavior.
Your personal data will not be disclosed to third parties unless you have expressly given your consent, or we are obliged to disclose it for example due to a court order or an official order.
We do not transfer any of your personal information to servers outside the European economic area (EEA) or to country not subject to the EU Commission’s standard contractual clauses. We use subcontractors who undertake to keep your data on EEA territory or we ensure that processing activities are covered by a European Commission adequacy decision regarding the privacy issues, in particular in the following case.
In any case, if transfer is performed to a third country or international organisation not covered by an adequacy decision stated by the European Commission, you will be informed before any processing to be able to assert your right to oppose it.
We take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information at any times. Our online services protect your personal information during transit using an encryption protocol such as Transport Layer Security (TLS). When your personal data is stored, we use computer systems with limited access hosted in facilities using physical security measures. If necessary, data will be stored in encrypted form, including when we use third party storage.
Our organization works with other companies, such as email and SMS providers, Email providers, Cloud providers to operate our services. The selection of third party follows a comprehensive selection process. In this selection process, each individual service provider is carefully selected for its suitability in terms of technical and organizational data protection skills. A contract for the personal data processing of data will only be concluded if it complies with the identified security requirements including European and national regulations requirements.
We make it easy for you to keep your personal information accurate, complete, and up to date. We will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement and not longer than 2 years of non-activity, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by the Luxembourg law.
To protect this data from accidental or malicious destruction, when we remove it from our services, we may not immediately remove the remaining copies of our servers or backup systems. The complete destruction will occur after a complete cycle of backup.
Access to your personal data is restricted to prevent unauthorised access, modification or misuse and is only permitted to our employees or partners if they need them during their work and only under a confidentiality agreement.
Cookies and similar technologies (cf. policy)
Our website uses technologies such as “cookies” other web tools to help us improve your experience and our services. These technologies help us better understand user behavior, tell us which parts of our websites people have visited, and facilitate and measure the effectiveness of your experience. Although some of these technologies are necessary for communication purposes or to provide you with our core services and as such do not explicitly require your consent, we will inform you of their use.
Most browsers are set to automatically accept cookies. In general, you can prevent the storage of cookies on your hard disk by selecting “Do not accept cookies” in your browser settings. You can also configure your browser to ask permission before storing cookies. Finally, you can delete previously set cookies at any time. Please refer to the instructions of your browser on how to implement this measure. If you set your privacy setting as such, however, it may happen that you cannot fully use all the features of our website.
Our website uses Matamo (formerly Piwik). This is a open source service for analyzing accesses to websites and allows us to improve our internet presence. The information collected by means of a cookie (IP address, access time, access duration) is transmitted to InnoCraft Cloud in France. The evaluation of their activities on our website is transmitted to us in the form of reports. By using our website, you agree to the processing of the data collected about you by Matamo.
Some browser extensions exist which allow you to disable and control Analytics tracking.
You have the right to:
- receive a structured copy of your personal data we process.
- ask us to correct, update, or delete your personal data from our records.
- report to us any misuse of your personal data.
- totally or partially withdraw your consent to the personal data processing.
For all these steps, we have assigned a data protection officers M. Matthieu AUBIGNY. For all information regarding your personal data, you can contact him at email@example.com clearly the nature of your request so that we can answer it as soon as possible.
Your questions regarding your rights
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy statement or data processing or if you feel that your personal data has not been processed in accordance with the law, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. When your question is more substantive in nature, you may be asked for more information. If you are unsatisfied with the reply received, you may refer your complaint to your national data protection authority.
We may change this privacy statement by posting an updated version of these rules on our website. We will give you reasonable notice of any material change.