The increase of essential services resilience, which should be a main result of ATENA project, will be gained throughout a specific methodology including five incremental steps:
- an extensive comprehension of CIs: the identification of adequate resilience and efficiency indicators is the basic step to propose and develop a common modelling approach to assess, predict and control, their resilience and efficiency;
- the building of models to predict IACS and CI efficiency under cyber-attack including asset-dependency and hybrid modeling.
- the design of reaction strategies based on the concept of situation assessment-reconfiguration
- the development of new technologies: ICT devices of IACS, new cyber security solutions, secure information sharing devices, risk predictor and Decision Support Systems (DSS)
- the introduction of Network Function Virtualization component appliances, distributed across geographically dispersed infrastructure Points of Presence, such as national/regional data centres or Fog-Computing nodes.