After successful attack on SCADA and IoT all over the world, SCADA and IoT security seem become a huge topic for scientific journal and conference paper as shows the several call for papers will issue in the next months:
Call for the 10th CyCon Conference in Tallinn (Estonia) 2018
- The evolution of the Internet of Things and its implications
- Norms and standards to enhance security in cyberspace
- Vulnerability disclosure
- Cyber-physical systems security
- Critical infrastructure protection (incl. data diode, IDS, industrial protocols and smart grids)
- Malware and botnets
- Hardware and software vulnerability mitigation
- Artificial intelligence and cognitive cyber security (incl. data mining and machine learning)
- Cyber threat intelligence
- Situational awareness and security metrics (incl. security visualization)
- Attribution and digital forensics
- International responsibility of states
- Due diligence
- Human rights (in particular the right to privacy, the right to freedom of expression,the right to protection of personal data)
- Emergence of legal norms
- Grey zones in international and national law.Important Dates : Abstract submission: 2 October 2017
More info here
Call of KICS on Grid Cybersecurity for 2018 special issue
ICT Express, the journal from the Korean Institute of Communications and Information Sciences (KICS) hosted and produced by Elsevier, has published a call for papers for a special issue entitled “Special Issue on CI & Smart Grid Cyber Security” on new methods and techniques to treat security matters in connection with Critical Infrastructures (CI) and smart grids. The deadline for paper submission is December 1st 2017. In particular, the issue focuses on practical aspects of security in CI: novel attacks, defences and security applications in CIs and smart grids. Research motivated by tackling real-world security problems in the CIs is especially encouraged. Also, theoretical works that have clear potential for practical applications in the CIs and smart grids are welcome. Topics of interest are: Hardware Security Solutions; Incident response; Real-time threat intelligence; Situation Awareness; Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) systems; Machine Learning Techniques; Safety-Security Interactions; System Vulnerabilities; Cyber Security Engineering; Human Awareness &Training; Intrusion Detection Systems; Trust and privacy; Malware Analysis; Behavioral Modeling; Secure Communication Protocols; Network security and protocols; Hardware enforced virtualization.
About ICT Express: it is an open access journal which aims to publish research that helps advance the theoretical and practical understanding of ICT convergence, platform technologies, communication networks, and device technologies.
More information here
Call of OAK Ridge National Lab for the CISRC 2018 conference
The Oak Ridge National Laboratory in Oak Ridge, Tennessee, USA, will organize its 13th annual Cyber and Information Security Conference (CISRC) on April, 3-5, 2018. Papers in any area of cyber and information security are invited: in particular technologies and methods with prospects to advance cyber security practices. Short papers that showcase late breaking results, work in progress or preliminary results are also welcome. Areas of interest can be found in the conference website: SCADA systems, mathematical techniques, anomaly and intrusion detection, control theory, information extraction, moving target defense, malware analysis, and fusion of heterogeneous data, are some of them among many others.
The deadline for submitting full papers is December 3rd 2017 and for posters abstracts and short papers is February 12, 2017.
For more information, submission and registration, visit: https://cisrc18.ornl.gov/
Call for SPIE Cyber Sensing 2018 Conference in Orlando
On 15-19 April 2018 it will take place the SPIE Cyber Sensing Conference in Orlando, Florida, USA. SPIE, founded in 1955, is an international non-for-profit society whose goal is to advance an interdisciplinary approach to the science and application of light. The conference has issued a call for papers, the deadline for submitting an abstract is October, 9, 2017. Papers on innovative cyber sensing technologies that go beyond of the current state of the art in industry are solicited.
The goal of the conference is to discuss the development of novel cyber sensing technologies and methodologies. Since cyberspace interconnects and controls communication networks and critical infrastructures with increasing involvement of the Internet of Things, cyber can be envisaged as a domain of operations where the full electromagnetic spectrum is the medium. This is because the cyber domain requires the environment to be sensed in order to be able to have situational awareness, and the electromagnetic spectrum can be used in to provide the information necessary for that situational awareness. In this way, the integrity of information assets and the networks that bind them can be better maintained and defended.
Themes of interest are:
- Novel Cyber Sensors and Cyber Sensing Paradigms
- Information Processing and Analysis Techniques.
- Cyber Protection and Cloud Security, including resilient cyber defense agents, cyber countermeasures, methods to detect and react to compromised cyber resources techniques to maintain functionality during degraded performance and novel measures to ensure trust between cyber resources among other topics.
- Theory of Cyber Sensing and Security, Mathematical Understanding of Security (including emerging methods and techniques (graph theory, network topology, complexity theory, experimental game theory, and more.) to model and analyze cyber domain model-based detection of behaviour anomalies in cyber space, as well as topological data analysis to combine local security information to achieve a coherent global picture.
- Social Cyber Sensing; and Cyber Sensing Through Social Media.
- Also, an special session is planned on Hardware Assisted Cyber Security (HACS) devoted to hardware approaches to improve cyber security and reduce software complexity.
For more information and abstract submission, visit the website here.